Although it resembles the film used for bitewings and other X-rays, the digital sensor is electronic and connected to a computer. Once the X-ray is taken, the image is projected on a screen. Having digital X-rays provides a much clearer view of your teeth for a better and more accurate diagnosis.
Now offering 3D X-rays by Anatomage for an even better and more accurate diagnosis.
The advantages of digital and 3D x-rays over traditional dental x-rays:
- It’s faster
- It’s safer, with no chemical development and less radiation
- We can view images instantly
- We can move and rotate the image and see areas otherwise non-viewable before
- We can enhance images to improve viewing
- Images can be stored electronically and emailed to specialists and insurance companies