Dental bonding is a procedure in which a tooth-colored resin material (a durable plastic material) is applied and hardened with a special light, which ultimately “bonds” the material to the tooth to restore or improve person’s smile.
Dental bonding is an option that can be considered to:
- Repair chipped or cracked teeth
- Improve the appearance of discolored teeth
- Make teeth look longer
- Change the shape of teeth
- Protect a portion of the tooth’s root that has been exposed when gums recede
- Repair decayed teeth (composite resins are used to fill cavities)